Northern Marine Manning Services Ltd are looking to recruit an experienced Sous Chef on behalf of their client Meridian Shipping Services Pte Ltd. Suitable candidate must be able available to join on the 2nd April 2019. Please note due to the itinerary of the vessel, applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Working as a Sous Chef on board The Hebridean Princess, the successful candidate will be part of an elite team working on a small cruise vessel.
The main purpose of the role is to create and serve dishes for passengers and crew on board a small, luxury five star cruise ship operating around the British mainland. Using the very best ingredients, creating, producing and plating exquisite dishes which reflect the terroir in which we operate and the standards expected by our exclusive client base. Duties are as below but may include others as and when required:-
- Responsible for assisting the Head Chef, and in his/her absence, to take charge of the day-to-day galley operation to ensure that the highest quality standards and expectations are always maintained.
- To ensure that the galley is run on a professional basis, that all standards are met and that temperature controls, hygiene audits and cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- To supervise product delivery in assigned Galley section, ensuring consistency by always requiring adherence to recipes, adequate production quantities, correct execution methods, and presentation the required standard.
- Menu planning and preparation, including the plating of these dishes.
- To raise weekly food orders in absence of the Head Chef.
- To continually ensure proper product execution in assigned section through control of mise en place during preparation and frequent tasting.
- To effectively assist the Head Chef in implementing Galley crew rotations through various sections.
- To effectively supervise assigned Galley staff during operational activities as directed by the Head Chef or his / her representative, including monitoring compliance with production and storage requirements such as temperature / blast-chiller log recording.
This is a Seasonal role that requires someone who can commit to joining until November 2019.
- Food & Hygiene Level 2
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Security Awareness
You must also be able to commit to the below requirements:
- Available for a start date of 2nd April 2019.
- Happy to reside in shared living quarters.
If you are interested in this role please click the apply button and send us your CV. Please note the recruitment team will then review your CV and contact you if your experience is suitable for this vacancy or any future vacancies we may have.