Northern Marine Manning Services are currently looking to recruit an experienced Mooring Master:
Qualifications and Experience:
• Unlimited Class I Masters license
• Experience in a senior capacity on board oil tankers (Master or Chief Officer).
• Experience as Pilot / Mooring Master required to safely pilot VLCCs at SPM berths, VLGC tankers at side-by-side operations at FPSO and coastal product carriers at a CBM berth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Mooring Operations:
- Pilot vessels in/out of SPM Berths and coordinate safe mooring.
- Pilot LPG gas carriers in/out alongside (in a side-by-side mode) at FPSO. Coordinate with FPSO OIM to ensure safe mooring.
- Pilot Product Carriers in/out of CBM Berth and coordinate safe mooring. Pilot small freighters/product carriers in and out of dock.
• Cargo Transfer Operations:
- Act as Terminal Representative on board to coordinate all transfer operations between import/export vessels and Terminal and complete the cargo documentation.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of cargo handling on board tankers and ensure that the vessel complies with safe operating practices, terminal regulations and complete operations in an incident free manner.
- Keep close watch on moorings and weather conditions to ensure that operations are stopped before onset of weather conditions and to ensure that vessel maintains a safe position in the Berths or is unberthed.
- Supervise Mooring Helpers to ensure proper watch keeping on the export tanker bow and manifolds, safe working practices and proper handling of Terminal equipment,
Perform routine inspections to Berths as per the Maintenance Plan.
Inspect nominated vessels to assess compliance with Terminal regulations and provide The Mooring Operations Superintendent with all information necessary to issue the vessel clearance.
Maintain HSE standards and requirements in support of Operational Excellence in all aspects of the marine and mooring operations.
Assist the Senior Mooring Master/Supervisor with the familiarization process of new Mooring Masters and effectively coach them in berthing/unberthing and Cargo related activities at all Cabgoc operated berths.
If you are interested in this role please click the apply button and send us your CV. Please note the recruitment team will then review your CV and contact you if your experience is suitable for this vacancy or any future vacancies we may have.