Northern Marine are currently seeking an experienced Marine Technician to work on an offshore asset. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Marine Technician is responsible for safe execution of marine activities as part of the marine operations team.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Operations and first line maintenance on marine equipment on the FPSO Turret and main deck areas, including all equipment associated with the turret turning, locking and bearing control systems, inert gas systems, crude oil storage and offloading systems, ballast/bilge systems and crude oil/water washing equipment.
- Operation and first line maintenance on all FPSO utility systems including air, diesel, sea/fire water and accommodation facilities systems.
- Deck operations e.g. mooring operations with shuttle tanker, crude oil washing and cargo offloading operations.
- Preparation of crude oil storage and ballast tanks for confined space entry and inspections.
- Required to fulfil an emergency role within one of the installation emergency response teams (Fire Team, Helideck Crew, Coxswain).
Required Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of Merchant Navy Certification for Engineer Officers of the Watch (EOOW) with crude oil tanker experience (or similar from Royal Navy) with dangerous cargo endorsement.
- Prior experience of working offshore in a mechanic role on FPSO/FSU’s is desirable but not essential.
- A good understanding of and proven experience in the operation and maintenance of marine hydraulic control systems.
- Good leadership and communication skills.
- IT Literate
If you fit all of the above criteria and are interested in this role please click the apply button and send us your CV. Please note the recruitment team will then review your CV and contact you if your experience is suitable for this vacancy or any future vacancies we may have.