Northern Marine Manning Services are currently seeking a temporary Marine Technician for an FPSO.
The Marine Technician will be responsible for the operation & first line maintenance of all FPSO Utility Systems including Air, Diesel, Sea / Fire Water and Accommodation Facilities Systems. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate, as although this is initially a temporary role there may be opportunities for a permanent position longer term.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Candidates must hold valid MIST, BOSIET and OGUK medical certificates - please note that the revalidating of certificates is the responsibility of the individual and not the company.
- Demonstrated competency gained on a Crude Oil Tanker or FPSO / FSU
- A proven mechanical background either as a Marine Engineer or Operator Mechanic, with diesel engine, air compressor, pumps, bilge and sewage systems competency.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of Marine Hydraulic Control Systems.
- Knowledge and competency of Thrusters, Cargo handling, Inert gas systems, heating and FPSO specific equipment.
- Full working knowledge of Safe Systems of Work (Permit to Work etc).
- Competence in machinery space log keeping.
- Good knowledge and experience of ships emergency systems.
If you fit all of the above criteria and are interested in this role please click the apply button and send us your CV. Please note the recruitment team will then review your CV and contact you if your experience is suitable for this vacancy or any future vacancies we may have.