NMMS are recruiting for Temporary Customer Service Assistants on behalf of their client Stena Line PTE Ltd.
You will be required to join the ferries to work alongside the current On Board Services Team.
Successful candidates will be working in all of the on board services departments which include the various bars and restaurants available to customers as well as being required to work in our retail outlet, first class customer lounge and as part of the kitchen and housekeeping teams.
You will be joining a fast paced customer service team who all have the same aim of making the customers’ journey as pleasant and comfortable as possible. This is the chance to enter into a working environment where no two shifts are the same and where you really will get the opportunity to work in every customer service area on board.
The role is shift based with candidates being required to work shifts between 8 to 12 hours at a time whilst still living at home. There may sometimes be the requirement to live on board the vessel though the majority of your shifts will be ‘Live at home’.
They are looking for someone who has a passion for customer service and interest in working at sea, the ideal Customer Service Assistant will have the below qualities:
- Ability to use your initiative
- Customer focused
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- Team player
- Calm under pressure
- Able to think on their feet
In order to apply you must be able to meet the below requirements:
- Be able to pass a Seafarers ENG1 Medical
- Make your own way to and from either the Belfast or Cairnryan Port, Holyhead or Dublin Port, Fishguard or Rosslare Port, Birkenhead or Belfast Port at unsociable times when public transport is not available
- Willingness to live on board when required
- Be able to commit to 3 weeks initial training – this training could require you to live away from home each week.
If you are interested in this role please click the apply button and send us your CV. Please note the recruitment team will then review your CV and contact you if your experience is suitable for this vacancy or any future vacancies we may have.