Northern Marine Manning Services are currently looking to recruit an experienced and immediately available Chef Manager to join our clients Offshore Drilling vessel:
Manage the clients operation at a designated location, adhering to budgetary constraints, company policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- NVQ Level 3 Professional Cookery or Equivalent
- Ships Cook certificate
- Chief Cooks COC
- A minimum of three years experience in a similar role or supervisory role
- Intermediate food hygiene certificate
- Certification required for vessel, BOSIET/FOET with CA-EBS, MIST, Bi-deltoid/Shoulder Measurement, OGUK including Food Handlers, ENG 1, PDSD/Ships Security Duties
- Seamans Book/Passport
- First aid qualification, (If required)
Experience & Skills:
- Relevant industry experience, including proven management skills in a similar catering operation
- Demonstrate an understanding of operating a catering department according to strict budgetary constraints
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of a supervisor’s responsibilities concerning food hygiene
- Customer service experience
- Ability to manage designated human resource issues
- Demonstrate computer literacy – Microsoft word, excel and outlook
- Knowledgeable in Food safety legislation and HACCP including allergens.
- Demonstrate competency as a trainer
- Good communication skills with the ability to maintain a good working relationship between company staff, customers, clients and management.
- Possess a strong commitment to teamwork
- Be a strong team leader and mentor
- Ability to work with colleagues in a co-operative and non-conflicting manner
- Be consistent and accurate in all areas of work Ability to follow and encourage others to follow a Quality/Health & Safety and Environmental Management System.